Important Notices
  • Employees may now consent to receive form W-2 electronically and forego the paper copy using MyMadison.   

    Benefits to Receiving Form W-2 Electronically include:
    • Earlier access to the Form W-2.
    • Support the university’s mission of environmental sustainability…. Help us save paper and reduce processing costs.
    • No possibility an employee's Form W-2 might be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced by the U.S. mail service or by the employee, once received.
    • Access is available at the same easy-to-use, secure web site at which an employee can access his/her payslip.
    • Access to the form can be attained even if the employee is not presently at his/her residence, for example, if participating in a University foreign program.

    How do I consent to receive my W-2 electronically?
    • Log into MyMadison
    • Navigate to the Employee tab
    • Under Employee Payroll and Banking, click ‘W-2/W-2c Consent Form’
    • Read the notice, check the box and click submit. 
    • You will be prompted to verify your identify before your consent is final.

    Additional information can be found here.  Contact Payroll Services @ 540/568-6233 or with any questions or concerns.

  • Who Needs a Paycheck Checkup?  With the new tax law changes, it’s especially important for people to use the Withholding Calculator on, or speak with their tax advisor, to make sure they have the right amount of withholding.  Having too little tax withheld can mean an unexpected tax bill or penalty at tax time next year.

  • 2017 W-2s were mailed from James Madison University on January 19th.  2017 1042S forms were mailed 1/25/18, unless you received an e-mail to pick up your 1042S form in Payroll Services because you have a foreign mailing address on file. Any un-mailed 1042S forms not picked up by January 31st will be mailed to the foreign address on file.

  • You may also view your 2017 W-2 in MyMadison, effective January 29th.  Please note the Employee Social Security Number box on the electronic W-2 will be blank.  If you mail your tax return or have someone prepare your tax return on your behalf, you will have to use the W-2 you receive in the mail.  Do not discard your mailed W-2.
Additional Tax Information

Back to Top