Visitors of less than 9 days who are engaging in "usual academic activity" may qualify for a B-1 visa (Business), B-2 visa (Tourism), or, if from a qualifying country, enter the U.S. through the Visa Waiver Program and be awarded a stipend, honorarium, or travel reimbursement. These visas do not require sponsorship by JMU. "Usual academic activity" refers to lecturing, teaching, consulting, or otherwise sharing knowledge, experience, or skills in master classes, and performances that are open to the general public, free of charge. More, very important, information regarding how to process payments or reimbursements for short-term international visitors can be found on the payroll website.

Back to Top