Off-Campus Employment Authorization Overview

There are strict rules defining when employment is permitted for a student in F-1 or J-1 status. Off-campus employment must be approved by either USCIS or ISSS before you are legally allowed to work. There are only a limited number of reasons for authorizing off-campus employment. 

Review the links below and contact an ISSS advisor about authorization before you accept employment.

Back to Top