Feature Image

JMU may accept college credit that is earned while a student is concurrently enrolled in high school.  This is called Dual Enrollment Credit. To view currently accepted courses, please visit the Transfer Credit Equivalency Guide through Transferology.

  • Credits are accepted from institutions recognized by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers and accredited by a regional accrediting body.
  • Each course taken at another institution will be evaluated individually, and credit will be allowed only for equivalent college courses offered at JMU in which a grade of “C” or better has been earned. A “C-“ will not transfer.
  • Courses are evaluated by reviewing the course content regardless of the mode of instruction.
  • Transfer credit will be earned for courses in which you have earned a grade of "C" or better, but your grade point average for those courses does not transfer to your JMU record. 
  • Courses from your prior institution may not show on your transfer credit summary if:
    • The course is still under review by a department evaluator.
    • The course was denied based on a remedial, developmental or vocational status
    • The course was listed on your transcript without a grade.
    • The course was denied based on a grade of C- or lower.
  • If you believe a OOO elective course listed on the equivalency guide is equivalent to another course at JMU, please submit a Transfer Credit Re-evaluation Form along with a course syllabus to the Office of the Registrar for consideration.

Back to Top