Incoming Students

As a new freshmen or transfer student. You will declare your major through the JMU One Book website when you sign up for orientation. This major becomes your official major on your academic record. 

Current Students

If you are a current student wishing to declare or change a major, minor, or pre-professional program, you must complete a request through MyMadison. Additional department specific information will be available once you select that academic plan.  Please follow all directions and steps necessary to execute your request.  Once all necessary steps are completed, the department will either approve, deny, or contact you for additional information regarding your request.

For additional assistance making this request, please view the Change/Declare a Major/Minor tutorial in MyMadison or on the tutorials website.

Back to Top