Prospective transfer students should visit the Transfer Advising website for more information about transferring credit from:  

Transfer Credit Approval

Current students wishing to obtain transfer credit for courses taken at another institution should . . .

  1. Review the Registrar's Office's Transfer Guide to learn about transfer credit policies, then
  2. Submit the Permission to Take Courses for Transfer Credit Form

These steps must be completed before taking a class at another institution.   

Transfer Credit for General Education 

Current students who wish to take a course at another institution and transfer credit back to JMU to count towards General Education must first get approval from the General Education Program prior to taking the course. 

Current JMU students who wish to take courses in the VCCS system should consult the GenEd-VCCS Course Equivalents list. 

Back to Top