The Office of Student Accountability and Restorative Practices places alleged policy violation(s) for any student who has allegedly violated any of the university policies found in the Standards and Policies section of the JMU Student Handbook. Each violation is specifically outlined in the handbook by code number and specific details of what constitutes a violation. 

Honor Council: Academic Violations

An Office of Student Accountability and Restorative Practices alleged policy violation should not to be confused with an academic Honor Code violation. Honor Code violations are specified in the Honor Code and seen by the Honor Council. For more information regarding the Honor Code, please visit the Honor Council website.

Reporting a Crime

If you believe a crime has been committed against you or someone in the JMU Community, please contact JMU Public Safety immediately at 540-568-6911 or access the Public Safety website.

Reporting Party Advising

If you have read the above information and are still not sure if your potential alleged policy violation(s) should be handled by the Office of Student Accountability and Restorative Practices, please contact us to schedule a conversation with one of our administrative staff members. For more information, see our section on Reporting Party Advising.

Back to Top