Immigration Information for International Faculty, Staff, and Researchers

The International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office assists all international faculty, staff and research scholars in obtaining an appropriate visa and maintain legal status through coordination with other JMU departments and U.S. government agencies. New international faculty, staff, and researchers will be provided with an overview this process at the time that a position is offered. More information about J and H-1B visas is provided below. If you have questions, please contact Jonathan Kratz

One of the other ways that ISSS assists international faculty, staff and research scholars is by providing regular cultural events and programming for international faculty and staff members. The events are announced on the international faculty distribution listserv. Subscribe yourself directly or request to be added during your appointment.

J-1 Visa Information

Back to Top