Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Some international hires may already have work authorization, through an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) issued by USCIS.  There are a number of situations that an individual could be issued an EAD. 

For international hires who already have work authorization, we encourage the hiring department and/or the employee to contact our office.  The work authorization will expire and we’ll need to explore next steps. In many cases, new work authorization can take months, so connecting the new hire to our office will ensure a smoother outcome for all.

Further Questions?

If you have any further questions about an EAD, please contact Sherry Lu.

Back to Top