Cover Photo Image

The Employer Identification Number, also known as EIN or Tax ID is your club’s federal tax ID number. Student organizations are not permitted to use the university’s tax ID or tax exempt number or to share tax ID information.

JMU does not keep a record of your organization's tax ID number or any other financial information. Make sure to pass this information along when new people are elected into office or a new adviser joins the group.

If your organization already has a tax ID, but you do not have it, you can: 

  • Call the IRS at 1-800-829-4933 to immediately receive your EIN over the phone.
  • If you have an account with CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union, you can contact them and ask for the number.

If you have any questions about this contact Student Life at

Back to Top