General Information

For general information or to learn more about Graduate Assistantships at JMU, visit the Graduate School website.

Sport and Recreation Concentration Graduate Assistantships

A large number of past SRL students have received GA positions at JMU and there are positions available each year with our external community partners. If you are interested in the Sport and Recreation Concentration, there are two graduate assistantships available in the Hart School and a number of sport or recreation related GA positions throughout JMU. We have also created graduate assistantships with external community partners such as Harrisonburg City Parks and Recreation, Horizons Edge Sports Campus, Tony Britt Spotter Charts and Bridgewater College Athletics Department.

Graduate assistant positions can be found at

The following graduate assistant positions with external agencies are open for 2019-2020, please click on the titles below to access the job postings. Apply for these at

Open External Partner GA Positions for 2021-2022
Campus Recreation Concentration Graduate Assistantships

Campus Recreation Leadership Concentration students have first priority in obtaining GA positions offered through UREC, JMU's campus recreation facility. Other students interested in GA positions with UREC can apply, however, it is unlikely that a non-Campus Recreation student would receive those GA positions. If you are interested in the Campus Recreation Concentration or have interest in the UREC GA positions, visit their website.

Contact Dr. Julie Wallace Car (540-830-2020 or, if you have additional questions.

Sport and Recreation Leadership Scholarships

SRL has need based scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year. Click here for guidelines and the application process.

If you have any questions, contact Dr. Ben Carr at 540-830-2000.

Back to Top