Students choosing to transfer to JMU arrive through a variety of processes, from many locations, and with a different number of credits. JMU provides a Transfer Advising website. Transfer credits are governed by JMU transfer policies.

All curriculum and course information is available through the JMU Undergraduate Catalog.

Students transferring into JMU may immediately declare the Social Work major. You will be assigned an academic adviser in the social work department who assists to develop your academic plan. Please see the Social Work Student Handbook for additional information.  Be sure to schedule a meeting with your advisor after declaring the major. 

Life Experience Or Previous Work Experience Credit

The JMU-BSW Program, in keeping with CSWE accreditation, does not grant social work course credit for life experience or previous work experience. 


Back to Top