Cover Photo Image


The deadline to declare a major is the 3rd Friday of your 3rd semester (typically September of your sophomore year). 

Steps to Declare or Change Your Major, Minor, or Pre-Professional Program

  1. Visit the Major Snapshots or Minor Snapshots pages before you declare, to learn about entrance requirements for your program(s) of interest.
  2. Log into MyMadison; select "Student Center."
  3. Select Major/Minor Change from the "Other Academic…" dropdown menu.
    • To add a program of study, select "Add Major/Minor." To narrow your search, select the plan type, change the criteria of plan description to "Contains," and enter the beginning letters of the plan. All students must have at least one major with a degree (i.e. Biology – BS). To add a 2nd major, select the major, but choose the option listed with no degree (i.e. Biology).
    • To drop a program of study, select "Drop Major/Minor."
    • To update a concentration for an existing program of study select "Add/Change Concentration."
  4. Select "Submit Request"

Need Help?

For more detailed screenshots of what you'll see in MyMadison view this tutorial video or user guide.


Contact your academic advisor, Madison Advising Peers, or the Office of the Registrar.

Back to Top