Important Information: 

Effective Spring 2015 semester (Jan 2015) forward, per DOD policy, students may not use Chapter 1606 and Federal TA for the same course.

Students must wait 10 years between finishing an Undergraduate degree and starting a Graduate degree if used FTA for undergrad and wish to use it for Graduate program. 

Army Federal Tuition Assistance

Who is Eligible: Active Duty, Army National Guard, Army Reserve, AGR & Mobilized Title 10 Soldiers.

Must have completed at least one year of service from your AIT and Basic Training graduation date. Cannot be used for the same course if using Chapter 1606 MGIB benefit. 

Soldiers must request Federal TA through, prior to the course start date.

Follow this link to step-by-step guidance on how to complete the Federal Tuition Assistance:

Air Force Tuition Assistance

Who is Eligible: Active Duty and Reservists

You must apply for Tuition Assistance online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center. This must be done through the Air Force Portal at

There are six steps to completing the AFVEC online TA process.

Additional Information can be found here.

Navy Tuition Assistance

Who is Eligible: Active Duty and Naval Reserves in AD status


Marines Tuition Assistance

Who is Eligible: Active Duty only


Coast Guard Tuition Assistance

Who is Eligible: Active Duty and Reserves in AD status

Complete the steps listed at the following website:

More information - 

Back to Top