Cover Photo Image

James Madison University is allowing students to utilize the credit/no-credit (CR/NC) grading option for any* spring 2020 course (2nd Block and Semester Courses).  View university policy, here.  Additionally, students have the ability to choose this grading option for each enrolled course from April 7th through May 18, 2020 at 5:00 PM.  Instructions for completing the “Spring 2020 Credit/No-Credit Change Form” can be found on the Registrar's page on April 7th.

Once a student selects the CR/NC grading option for one or more courses by completing the form, the decision is irreversible.  Note that a grade of at least “C” must be earned for “CR.”  Grades of “C-“ or below will earn “NC” when the CR/NC option is selected. 


Following the University's recommendation that students not return to campus prior to April 6th, in-person academic advising has been suspended until in-person teaching resumes. Please contact advisors via email, or schedule a phone or WebEx appointment below (WebEx appointments available after March 23rd). Whenever possible, emails will be responded to within one business day.

The Hart School's Academic Advising division supports educational goals and student success by providing a quality advising experience. We are dedicated to serving our academic community with integrity and professionalism.

Advising Hours of Operation
Normal Semester hours:

Academic advising is generally by appointment (please scroll down to schedule). 

Regular drop-in hours for Ms. Hodges are Monday 2:00-3:00pm, Tuesday 9:30-10:30am, and Wednesday 9:30-10:30 a.m.. Changes to these hours will be posted on her office door.  No appointment is necessary during these times.

Schedule an Appointment

Forms FAQ
New Planning Worksheets

Need help planning out your courses? We have new checklist-style worksheets that will help you map out your path to graduation.

HM Planning Worksheet

SRM Planning Worksheet

Declaring the Major

To declare a Hospitality Management or Sport and Recreation Management major, you should initiate the major change process via MyMadison. Before this request can be approved, you must also attend one of our New Major Orientations, which are scheduled periodically throughout the semester. You must have your major declaration approved prior to enrolling in non-Foundation HM or SRM courses. 

Hart School Advising Team

Sara Hodges

Sara Hodges
Senior Academic Advisor
Godwin Hall 220B
(inside the study lounge)

Sevinj Iskandarova

Sevinj Iskandarova
Godwin Hall 379

Schedule Your Appointment

Back to Top