Mac OS Network Connection Troubleshooting Steps:
- Make sure your computer is registered on the JMU network by opening a browser (Internet Explorer, etc.) window. If your computer needs to be registered, you will be redirected to the JMU registration page where you will enter your e-ID and password for authentication to the site.
- Set up your connection according to CampusNet Guides (for on-campus student computers).
- Make sure you are using an Ethernet network cable (larger than the skinny telephone cable) and it is plugged into a yellow (not purple) data jack on the wal.
- Try a different yellow data jack nearby (that is known to be a live jack)
- How to set up Mac Networking by OS
- Trash TCP/IP Preferences
(In OS X you do not need to change preferences, In OS 7 to 9.x -Open Hard drive >> System Folder >> Preferences >> trash TCP/IP Preferences and then reboot machine..)
- Attempt to Ping another device on the network
- Check Appletalk settings
Other Operating Systems
Windows 7 Network Connection Troubleshooting
Windows Vista Network Connection Troubleshooting
Windows XP Network Connection Troubleshooting
Students in off-campus housing should contact their Internet Service Provider for network connection assistance.