The UREC Fitness Assessment program is designed to evaluate your current level of fitness. This evaluation takes approximately one hour and the service may be utilized by students, faculty, and staff for a $20 fee, payable with FLEX only.
What is Addressed?
- Cardiovascular Endurance: This portion of the assessment consists of sub-maximal cycle test. This test is used to predict an individual's maximum oxygen consumption. This value is related to your cardiovascular endurance level. The higher the level, the more activity you will be able to do.
- Muscular Strength: The muscular strength test utilizes pre-selected strength equipment. After proper warm-up, maximum strength in both the upper and lower body are evaluated, using one-rep maximum tests.
- Muscular Endurance: This portion evaluates the endurance of two different groups of muscles. The timed curl-up test measures the endurance of the rectus abdominus muscle. The push-up test measures the endurance of the pectoralis and triceps muscles.
- Flexibility: The flexibility component measures the range of motion in two separate areas of the body. The trunk flexion test measures an individual's lower back and hamstring flexibility. The shoulder elevation test measures flexibility in the shoulders and upper back.
- Body Composition: Body composition is the ratio of lean tissue to adipose tissue. To determine an individual's body composition a three-site skinfold test is used.
- Please download and fill out this information sheet.
- Turn it in to the UREC Program Registration Desk at UREC (next to the Welcome Center). The $20 non-refundable fee for your fitness assessment should be paid at this time via FLEX. Please note that fees for all assessment center services are non-refundable.
- You will be contacted within 3-5 business days of submitting your paperwork to schedule your fitness assessment.
Holly Bailey Coordinator, Fitness and Nutrition firstname.lastname@example.org 540-568-8712