Promotional Items and Imprinting Services

JMU has 19 term contacts with promotional items and imprinting services vendors. These contracts have been competitively procured, all vendors are CLC/IMG Licensed for JMU Identity Standards, are eVA self-registered, and most are SWaM vendors. Per JMU's Financial Procedure Policy 4205.313: Departments cannot place orders for promotional items that exceed $10 per item, excluding set-up charges or shipping costs.

Exceptions to these Mandatory contracts are limited and currently include imprinted items purchased through the JMU Bookstore (Follett), and items required by NCAA rules to be purchased from a specific vendor under branding regulations.  Any other individual purchase for promotional or imprinting must be approved by Procurement Services in advance of the purchase.

Promotional Items and Imprinting Services Contract Information

Office Supplies

TSRC (The Supply Room Company) - JMU executed an agreement with TSRC to utilize a UVA contract that allows for deep discounts on the top 2,000 purchased office supplies and a minimum of 22 percent discount on all other items. The JMU-specific punch-out catalog in eVA will be utilized to capture these savings and is listed as: TSRC Inc JMU. As of March 1, 2015, JMU administration mandated that the contact be utilized for all office supply purchases.

Frequently Asked Questions

JMU’s TSRC Essentials List

TSRC Fact Sheet & Contacts

Copier/printer paper may be purchased through the Copy Center. The type/brand of paper sold through the Copy Center is less expensive than the same type/brand in TSRC punch-out catalog. Other types/brands are available through TSRC punch-out catalog at a variety of prices points. If you would like to place an order please call 540.568.7300 or email TSRC shall be used for any paper not supplied by the Copy Center.

TSRC is a mandatory source similar to VCE. Departments may not purchase office supplies from other sources without advance approval from Procurement Services, which will normally require an email from TSRC showing they cannot get the product or there is a lengthy lead time to secure it. Reimbursements may not be approved for office supplies purchased locally without advance approval or extraordinary circumstances. Non-compliance with this mandatory contract is tracked.


Virginia Correctional Enterprises (VCE) - JMU is mandated to use VCE for all furniture purchases unless VCE grants a release for the purchase. VCE may provide an exemption/release if there is no comparable item to what is requested.

For policy and ordering information and requesting a waiver instructions, click here.


VITA Vendors for Copiers - JMU exclusively uses the state VITA contracts for leased copiers on campus. Several copier vendors on contract with the Commonwealth of Virginia are on campus: Virginia Business Systems, Ricoh, Xerox, and Cobb Technologies.

For more information and instructions on how to order a new copier, click here.

Relocation of a copier must be done by the vendor at an additional fee as it is not university-owned equipment. Departments will be held liable for any damages caused to the equipment if they are to move it themselves.


Aramark - Through a contract with JMU, Aramark maintains the exclusive right to provide food service on JMU's campus. Food and supplies valued at $50 or less are exempt as Aramark charges a $50 minimum catering fee. All other exceptions to exclusivity should receive prior authorization from the Associate Vice President for Business Services. Find more information on the Aramark Catering Services web page.


Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Central Virginia - JMU's contract with Pepsi gives them the exclusive rights to the distribution, promotion, selling and sampling of all beverage products on JMU's campus. This also includes exclusive beverage vending presence on campus.

Two-Way Radios

VITA vendors for two-way radios - JMU exclusively purchases two-way radios through VITA state contracts. All two-way radio orders must include the number of radios, any accessories, and the requested frequencies. It is required for all two-way radios to have emergency frequencies. Contact the buyer assigned to Telecom for more information.

Back to Top