Please note that Honors College students are assessed a fee of $150 each semester to support honors experiences and honors-specific student services at JMU. Pell-eligible students receive a scholarship in the amount of the fee to fully offset its cost; partial fee scholarships are available to students with demonstrated financial need.

Benefits and services funded by this fee include:

  • Opportunities to engage with fellow Honors students through curated academic and recreational experiences.
  • Access to Hillcrest House facilities, which provide Honors students a comfortable student lounge, study areas, and a computer lab.
  • Dedicated Honors faculty and advisors, who are there to help you make the most of your college experience.
Withdrawing from the Honors College

You may withdraw from the Honors College at any time by dropping the Honors Interdisciplinary Studies Minor in MyMadison.

To receive a refund of the Honors College fee for any upcoming semester, you must drop the minor and any registered Honors classes before the add/drop deadline for that semester (see the Registrar's website for specific dates). Students who withdraw from the university are eligible to have their Honors fee refunded.

Back to Top