Student Federal Loan Change and Return of Federal Funds Request Form

Please Note: Only forms completed and signed by the borrower will be processed. Return of funds requests will only be processed for the current aid year or for the previous aid year as long as requests are received within 30 days of the end of the year.

To complete the form:

  • Complete the Student Name, Student ID, Grad Date, Signature, and Date sections.
  • To decrease or cancel your Subsidized or Unsubsibdized Loan that has not yet disbursed, fill out the loan change section. **Be sure to list the amount of the loan increase, decrease, or cancelation, and be sure to include the new loan total for the year in the last column.** 


To return previously disbursed federal loan funds, fill out the Loan Return section, listing the amount you wish to return and the semester you wish to return funds.

  • If desired, provide specific clarifications in the provided comment box.
  • Follow the instructions on the form to submit the completed form to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.

If our office has any questions, you will be contacted via your JMU email address.

If you are a student who:

  • Will be enrolled at least half-time (six credits for undergraduates; five credits for graduate students) but less than full-time (twelve credits for undergraduates; nine credits for graduate students), or
  • Will be graduating in the Fall, or
  • Has had your aid adjusted for Fall graduation but will now be returning in the Spring semester

Then please email from your JMU email address and inform us of your situation. Include your name and student ID number in the email.

Back to Top