JMU Awards and Scholarships

Visit the JMU Scholarship Search page for a list of all scholarships available at JMU. Sort by "Department" to find scholarships available to students in an education program. Applications typically go live in February and due in March each academic year. Watch your JMU email for notification of open scholarship applications.


If you are majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Mathematics, or Physics AND pursuing a teaching license here at JMU, check out the Robert Noyce Scholarship. Applications typically go live in January/February and are due in March each academic year.

Non-JMU Awards and Scholarships

If you are majoring in Chemistry and enrolled in a teacher licensure program as a post-baccalaureate student (already have your bachelor's degree), consider applying for the American Chemical Society's Hach Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Scholarship. Applications are due by May 1.

JMU Student Employment

Build your professional network, hone teaching skills, and gain valuable work experience through Student Assistantships (undergraduate) or Graduate Assistantships in the MSME Department Office.

Student Assistantships

All Student Assistantship positions are currently filled. Stop by the MSME Department Office (Memorial Hall 3200) for details about the position and more information.

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Assistants receive tuition assistance and a stipend. Please go to the Cost of Attendance Calculator to see the esitmated cost of attendance for your program of study. See The Graduate School website for additional details.

Review of applications for MSME Graduate Assistantships begins October 1 for the following spring semester and March 1 for the following fall semester. Read here for more information about the position or stop by the MSME Department Office (Memorial Hall 3200).

Back to Top