Preparing the next generation of great middle, secondary, and Mathematics teachers!
The MSME Department offers programs in midde, secondary, and mathematics education. The Middle and Secondary Education programs include undergraduate (pre-professional) and graduate (professional) studies that lead to initial licensure in grades 6-8 (middle) or grades 6-12 (secondary) and a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT).
Currently, the department offers one graduate program--an M.Ed. to prepare K-8 mathematics specialists. A second graduate program is offered in collaboration with the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at James Madison University--an M.Ed. in Mathematics for secondary education teachers.
Find out about May 2015 Undergraduate Ceremonies for the College of Education and University Studies ... Read More >
Apply to become a TEACH Ambassador
Get experience in public relations, develop professional and personal relationships, and acquire skills and confidence that will help you be ... Read More >
2015-2016 Coe Scholarships
Scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year are now available for students in teacher education programs! The DEADLINE is 4:00 pm Friday, ... Read More >
The January 24 Praxis/RVE administration that was cancelled has been rescheduled for March 14. ... Read More >
- Feb 22: - Sep 18: North Korean Refugee Youth Art Exhibition
- Feb 23: - Apr 24: Mid-Term Block Student Teaching 02/23/15 - 04/24/15
- Mar 9: - May 6: Block 4 Student Teaching 03/09/15 - 05/06/15
- May 16: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Jun 20: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Jul 25: Computer-Based Praxis Test
- Aug 15: Computer-Based Praxis Test