If you have taken courses at a non-U.S. college or university and would like to apply for transfer credit, you must first have your transcripts translated by a global evaluation service and sent to JMU. The global evaluation must include a course-by-course analysis to be eligible for transfer credit. JMU accepts evaluations from any organization that is a member of NACES, the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. 

View list of NACES members

You should direct your global evaluation service to send a copy of your evaluation directly to JMU at the following address:

James Madison University
Office of International Admissions
MSC 0108
100 E. Grace Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 USA

Please Note: The global evaluation is simply a translation of your work. It is not a guarantee of credit. JMU will complete an evaluation of credit after the translated transcript is received and an offer of admission has been made.

Cambridge International


Students who participated in the Cambridge International Examination program can earn college credit at JMU. View the Undergraduate Catalog for CI exam listings, required scores, and more information.

Back to Top