WebEx is an online conferencing tool that allows you to meet with colleagues anywhere in the world using your internet connection and web browser. With WebEx, you can host virtual meetings online using audio and video, chat (IM) with others and conduct online presentations using screen sharing.
WebEx is available at jmudukes.webex.com. Log in with your e-ID and password.
Access to use Meeting Center
- Students can host virtual meetings containing up to 8 participants. Share files, chat face-to-face using video, and share your screen to display professional virtualized presentations
Students may be invited by faculty or staff to participate in events, training or support through other WebEx tools.
Faculty and Staff
WebEx is available at jmu.webex.com. Log in with your e-ID and password.
WebEx consists of 4 different tools, or “centers”.
- Meeting Center: Faculty and Staff can host virtual meetings containing up to 1000 participants. Share files, chat face-to-face using video, and share your screen to display professional virtualized presentations
- Event Center: Support for up to 1000 participants. Host real-time online events on a large scale. Share files, presentations, and stream live video. Interact with participants using interactive features such as web-polling, Q&A, and chat
- Training Center: Deliver highly interactive training classes, online, using audio and video conferencing, screen sharing, breakout sessions, and hands-on learning labs. Testing, tracking and grading capabilities are included
- Support Center: Provide support for up to 5 users per session. Integrated high-quality video allows for real-time video chatting with audio. Allow support personnel to observe and troubleshoot software and system problems remotely. Reboot and reconnect to a user without losing your support session, even while in safe mode. Allow support technicians to take control of your screen to troubleshoot and diagnose problems quickly
- Contact WebEx Support online, or by phone at (866) 229-3239 - available 24/7
- Contact the IT Help Desk at (540) 568-3555 or email@example.com
- Faculty and Staff can contact Information Technology Training at (540) 568-8046 or firstname.lastname@example.org to join a WebEx class to learn more. Signup in MyMadison using course number IT310
- Lynda.com to explore WebEx courses