on Personally-Owned Computers
The JMU Computing HelpDesk provides telephone and e-mail support for JMU's recommended software http://www.jmu.edu/computing/support/software/ on Windows and Mac personally-owned computers.
Students, Faculty and Staff
- Telephone and e-mail support for JMU’s recommended software
Student, Faculty or Staff Responsibility
- Installing anti-virus and anti-spyware software offered by JMU: https://secureweb.jmu.edu/computing/download/
- Updating and patching of Windows and Apple operating system and application software
- Creating backup copies of data files (class work/homework, photos, music, etc.).
SkyDrive online storage available via your JMU e-mail, Live@edu account
- Contacting the Computing HelpDesk at (540) 568-3555 or e-mailing email@example.com to receive this service
Service Turnaround Expectations:
- Information Technology attempts to resolve software issues over the phone or through e-mail within two business days
- Problems beyond our ability to diagnose and resolve through these methods will be referred to an external vendor