Summer Hours: starting May 6th
Mon-Thu: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - noon
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
(when classes are in session) Exceptions to the schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I finish completing my Application?
How do I activate my e-ID?
What is my e-ID?
I forgot my password, what can I do?
How can I View My Application Decision?
I was admitted and accepted the offer, now where do I find my Student ID Number that is required to pay my Tuition Deposit?
Are there additional resources for help and assistance?
- How do I finish completing my Application?
On Applyweb https://www.applyweb.com/apply/jmu/index.html, under "Returning Applicants" click "Go to your Application".
- How do I activate my e-ID?
First verify that your computer's date/time/time zone settings are correct for your current location, then go to https://accounts.jmu.edu and choose "A. Activate my JMU e-ID". If you did not provide a social security number on your application, JMU will have created one for you; this number will have been sent to your e-mail address. If you cannot find that e-mail, please contact the Admissions Office 540-JMU-JMU1 (540-568-5681)
- What is my e-ID?
- Your e-ID is different from your applyweb username.
- Your e-ID is 8 characters (sometimes with a number) in length – typically the first six letters of your last name, followed by your first and middle initial. For instance Dolley Payne Madison would be madisodp.
- If you have a common last name, it may also contain a number.
- Upon successful submission of your application, you should have received an email confirming receipt of your online application, as well as instructions on activating your JMU e-ID with your e-ID listed in the information.
- Lookup your JMU e-ID on the Applicant Lookup page.
- If you still are having difficulty determining your e-ID, please contact the Computing HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-568-3555.
- I forgot my password, what can I do?
- First verify that your computer's date/time/time zone settings are correct for your current location.
- Open a browser to the Accounts Portal: https://accounts.jmu.edu
- Click on option "b. Reset a Forgotten or Expired e-ID Password"
- Click on option "a. I want to reset my e-ID password with my secret question."
- Provide the information to verify your identity and then the answer to your secret question.
- If this works, click on the top button: change my password, and click the "Proceed to..." button at the bottom of your screen until you get to the page where you choose a new password.
- After clicking submit on the password change page, please wait for the process to complete. Clicking submit multiple times may cause your password to fail then you would need to start the process over.
- If you have forgotten the answer to your secret question, or did not set a secret question, please contact the Computing HelpDesk at 540-568-3555.
- How can I View My Application Decision Letter?
- Log into MyMadison at https://mymadison.jmu.edu
- Click on the "Applicant Center" link in the bottom middle section of the window
- Click on the blue hyperlink under "My Applications"
- If the decision letter does not appear, turn off pop up blockers
- Be sure to print or save your decision letter
- Additional information can be found in the Applicant Center tutorials and FAQs.
- I was admitted and accepted the offer, now where do I find my Student ID Number that is required to pay my Tuition Deposit?
Log into MyMadison at https://mymadison.jmu.edu, in the middle of the window under "Personal Information" you will see your 9 digit ID number. This should be used as your Student ID Number to pay your tuition deposit.
- Are there additional resources for help and assistance?
You may visit a more comprehensive list of Applicant FAQs or contact the JMU Computing HelpDesk at email@example.com or 540-568-3555. If you have a non-technical computer question related to the admissions process, please contact the Admission office to which you applied.