Concentrations: None

Major requirements and their VCCS equivalents (and RBC equivalents if applicable)

NOTE: The word "AND" between VCCS course numbers indicate JMU credit will be awarded for the completion of the VCCS sequence.

JMU Course: COB/CIS 204, Computer Information Systems

  • VCCS equivalents: See note for equivalents
  • RBC equivalents: No equivalent
  • NOTE: VCCS Transfer credit for COB 204:
    Northern Virginia CC and Southside CC: ITE 100
    Blue Ridge CC, Lord Fairfax and Piedmont VA CC: ITE 120

JMU Course: ACTG 244, Accounting for Non-Business Majors

  • VCCS equivalents: See advising note #3
  • RBC equivalents: See advising note #3

JMU Course: ECON 201, Introduction to Microeconomics

  • VCCS equivalents: ECO 202
  • RBC equivalents: ECON 202

JMU Course: MATH 220, Elementary Statistics

  • VCCS equivalents: MTH 155 or MTH 245
  • RBC equivalents: MATH 217

Advising Notes

Please Read: This major guide is a list of all possible major courses offered in the Virginia Community College System. Not all courses may be offered at your community college, and you are not required to complete all these courses in order to transfer. Rather, it’s designed to help you meet JMU major requirements before you transfer, and be better prepared to progress through the major once you arrive at JMU. Please be sure to read the advising notes for additional information on the major.

  1. Any student admitted to JMU can declare health services administration as his/her major and enroll in prerequisite courses. However, to progress in the major beyond the prerequisite courses, students must apply and be admitted to the program. To be eligible to apply, students must have completed or be currently enrolled in the following pre-requisite courses and receive a grade of "C-" or better: CIS/COB 204 (see above for equivalents), ECON 201 (see above for equivalents) and HTH 354 (no equivalent; must be taken at JMU). Students must also write a personal statement as part of the application. Extra consideration will be given to students who have volunteer or paid experience working in a health care field.
  2. HSA majors also earn a general business minor as part of their program. Differential tuition for College of Business majors/minors: Students will be charged an additional $50 per credit for all COB courses (with the exception of ECON 200). Click here for more information.
  3. There is no direct equivalent in the VCCS or at RBC, however if students complete both ACC 211 & 212 (VCCS) or BUS 201 & 202 (RBC), that will satisfy the ACTG 244 requirement.

For more information:

Back to Top