Feature Image

If you want to request benefits for an upcoming semester or session, you will need to complete:

  • The JMU Request form emailed to you from "IS-Student Administration"
  • It will be emailed to you during registration and requires an advisor signature for any course needed for your major.
  • Return it to a School Certifying Official in the Registrar's Office once your schedule is finalized.
  • Let us know about any ROTC scholarships, State TA and/or Federal TA. Chapter 1606 and Federal TA cannot be used for the same course.


  • In order for a course to be included in an enrollment to VA, it must meet major, minor, general education, allowed elective, or degree requirements for graduation, or an approved certificate or teacher licensure program to qualify. All majors (including tracks and concentrations) and minors must be declared on your transcript.
  • The JMU Request for Veterans Educational Benefits form is required every semester benefits are requested.  After your 1st semester using your VA Benefits at JMU, the JMU form will be emailed to you after registration for the upcoming semester.  It will require your major advisor to initial and sign for any course needed for your major.  No approval is needed for courses outside your major (general education, degree, minors, preps, etc)

Back to Top