Learn more about the university’s transfer credit policies from the registrar.

The following information will guide students on the matter of transfer credit as it pertains only to transferring credit for business courses.

Current JMU Students
  • Schedule an appoinment
  • Current/matriculated JMU students who wish to take a business course outside JMU for transfer credit to JMU must receive prior approval by completing the Office of the Registrar's Permission to Take Courses for Transfer Credit form. Students are strongly advised NOT to register for the course until approval has been granted.
  • As a general rule, transfer credit for business courses (for matriculated students) will only be approved when the course is:  1) taken at a 4-year university; 2) taken at an AACSB school; and 3) equivalent to one taught at JMU. 
  • The only exceptions to the general rule are: ECON 200, ECON 201 and MATH 205. Matriculated JMU students may take these 3 courses for transfer credit at a community college with prior approval.

Back to Top