- Students may place on-campus, local area, and toll free calls from courtesy phones and residence hall room phones without a Telecom PIN and at no charge.
- A Telecom PIN is required to place long distance, international and directory assistance calls from courtesy phones and residence hall room phones.
- To request a Telecom PIN, visit http://www.jmu.edu/telecom/forms/pinrequest.shtml.
- Sharing your PIN is prohibited! Any shared PIN may be revoked. Accepting collect or third party calls is prohibited. PLEASE safeguard your Telecom PIN!
- Using a PIN assigned to another student or unassigned is theft. PIN theft may be reported to JMU Public Safety and fined up to $15.00 per call.
- Students in residence hall rooms share the responsibility for calls made from their extension.
- Report a lost or stolen PIN to JMU Telecommunications immediately at 568-6108 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A student leaving JMU before the year-end (withdrawing, transferring, studying abroad, graduating in December, or moving off-campus) should CANCEL their Telecom PIN in writing. Submit a cancellation form.
- ALL PINS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR (MAY).
- Long distance calls are billed at 8¢ per minute anytime, anywhere in the continental USA. International rates vary. Directory assistance calls are billed at $2.49 per call.
- JMU University Business Office will provide monthly billing. Telecom charges will appear on the resident's consolidated monthly bill and will be billed electronically to the resident's JMU e-mail address via QuickBILL. See payment information at http://www.jmu.edu/ubo. For billing inquires, call (540) 568-6505, or send e-mail to email@example.com.
- For additional information, visit our website at http://www.jmu.edu/telecom.
- For PIN service and long distance inquires, call (540) 568-6471, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For voice mail, cable TV, and phone repair, call (540) 568-6471, or send e-mail to email@example.com.
- For billing inquiries, call JMU University Business Office at 568-6505, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For payment options, visit the JMU University Business Office website at http://www.jmu.edu/ubo.
1021 S. Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22807