SSL VPN Service
Changes have been made to reduce the risk associated with remote access to campus resources.
These changes may affect access to previously available services. The most commonly affected services are the N: drive network file storage, departmental file storage, SharePoint on-prem, and remote desktop.
To regain access to these resources, please submit a request through the Project Initiation Questionnaire (PIQ) process. The PIQ form is located here: https://remedy.jmu.edu/PIQ.asp
When completing this field, "1) Describe..." be sure to indicate:
- Your current city and country (if not in the Harrisonburg/Shenandoah Valley area)
- Phone number and best time to contact you if necessary
- The services you are unable to access
All fields are required on the form. If a field does not apply to your request, indicate "Not applicable."
JMU Information Technology strives to complete requests within 3 business days.
If you have questions or problems, contact the IT Help Desk at 540-568-3555, or email email@example.com
The SSL VPN Service offers a number of ways to connect to the JMU network from off-campus to access restricted, on-campus resources (available only from the JMU network range).
SSL VPN Methods
- Junos Pulse - places your computer on the JMU network with a JMU IP address. While connected, all network traffic is routed through JMU’s network. Junos Pulse is available to: students, faculty, staff, and affiliates
- File Access - allows access to on-campus network file storage from off-campus, e.g. access to employee network file storage on the N: drive (IT-data1, IT-data2, IT-data3) through a web interface. Available to: faculty, staff and designated students
- Browse and Web Bookmarks - provide quick ways to access restricted web applications. Only the network traffic associated with the web application is routed through JMU, allowing direct network connections to other resources. Available to: students, faculty, staff and affiliates
- Terminal Session - provide Secure Shell (SSH) access to UNIX servers and allows Windows Terminal Services connections. Available to: faculty and staff (students and affiliates upon request)
Technical Issues and Support: