OSX- How to determine your Operating System Version
- Click on Apple.
- Click on About This Mac.
- About This Mac window should appear.
- Information about Operating System, Processor, and Memory is displayed in this window.
System Profile Utility
Information found in the system profile utility: Hardware, Software, Network, and Serial number
- Choose About This Mac from Apple menu. (If you double click the version number it will display the serial number, with OS 10.1 or later)
- Click More Info... button on About This Mac dialog box
- Along with all the other information listed here you will find your serial number