Setting up printers on OSX is very easy. Apple created a utility called the Print Center, from here you control everything to do with printing for OSX. Currently our users will only need to setup either Appletalk, IP, or USB printers with the Print Center. Here's how you setup a printer for OSX using Print Center:
- Open up the hard drive.
- Go to the Applications folder.
- Then go to the Utilites folder.
- Then double click on the Print Center icon:
- If no printers have been added you will get this screen:
- Click on Add, it will bring you to this screen:
- You can add printers that broadcast in Appletalk (seen above) or a local USB printer. So find the name of the printer that the user needs to print too, if the user knows the model number select it from the drop down list next to Printer Model, if they do not then just leave it on Auto Select. Then click on Add. Once the printer is added it will show up in the Printer List. Another option is to setup the printer to use IP printing. To do this you will need to know the IP address of the printer. Simply choose IP printing from the drop down box in the printer setup utility and enter the IP address. Then click add.