Cover Photo Image

Security Access

As an academic unit head you will need access to a number of Information Administration systems. You must make an Information Security (IS) Access Request because your role requires you to be able to access data, run reports and perform other tasks within one of the JMU Information Systems Applications. You will initiate the IS Access Request using an online form. Depending on the system, several authorizations may be required during the request process and for some systems you will be required to complete training before being granted access. Here are some details about the key systems you will need to access:


Data Manager: Mark Angel, AVP Finance
(Reconcile Credit Cards, Budgets, etc.)

To register for the training course(s) in MyMadison, search for "IT" under course numbers. All of the courses and their available sessions will appear.

Human Resources Management System (HRMS)

Data Manager: Amber Lam
(Time Entry, PAR, Job Summary, etc.)

To register for the training course(s) in MyMadison search for "IT" under course numbers and all of the courses and their available sessions will appear.

Student Administration System

Data Manager: Michele White, University Registrar
(View/Enter Class Schedule, Curriculum Management etc.)

Advance System (University Advancement)

Data Manager: Debbie Jordan
(Manage Alumni data, Maintain Donor records, etc.)

AiM (Facilities Management System)

Data Manager: Joseph Archer, IT Manager/Systems Administrator
(Service Contract administration, Work Orders, etc.)

OnBase (Web Document Imaging Management)

Data Manager: Data manager is dependent on data being imaged. See above for primary data managers.
(Document Management solution)

  • You will be contacted by Information Technology to schedule OnBase training once your request has been processed. Training is required before access is granted to the system.
  • Refer to the imaging coordinator in your office for the role you will be fulfilling when submitting your request.
  • If your office is not currently using OnBase, and you are interested in doing so, submit an OnBase Implementation Request form. For more information please contact Information Technology at

See here for a sample IS Access Request form . Note that you will need to fill out a separate form online for each system for which you need access.

Signature Authorization

Signature authorization is required to document approved signatures of individuals authorized to sign financial transaction documents for all active DeptIDs. This includes but is not limited to: ePAR and PAR forms, Human Resources transaction documents, purchase documents, vendor invoices, travel reimbursements, other payment documents, Agency Transaction Vouchers (ATV) and Student and Wage Employee Time Sheets.

Each year the Office of Finance forwards Signature Authorization listings to your department. Your responsibility is to review and make any changes to the listings and return the approved listings to the Finance Office. Academic Units should use the Signature Authorization Form to make corrections to signature authority during the year.

See here for a sample Signature Authorization form.

Instructions for completing the form can be found at:

Back to Top