JMU Telecommunications provides digital cable TV service in each residence hall room at no extra cost. Each lounge area is also equipped with a television with cable TV.
CABLE TV CHANNEL GUIDES:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING JMU ON-CAMPUS CABLE TV SERVICE (as of 8/5/2011):
JMU Telecommunications is pleased to announce that JMU on-campus cable TV service has been upgraded from analog service to Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) Digital Cable Service (broadcast in Clear QAM).
To receive upgraded SD/HD Digital Service while on-campus, the following requirements must be met:
1. All televisions must be equipped with an internal digital QAM tuner
2. Analog TVs and other TVs and devices that do not meet the above requirements will no longer work.
3. How to check if your television has an internal digital QAM tuner:
- Most TVs sold after 2006 have an internal digital QAM tuner.
- If your TV remote contains a DASH (--) or a DOT (.), the TV probably has an internal digital QAM tuner.
- Check your TV owner’s manual in the “Specifications” section under “antennas and tuners.”
- Check the TV manufacturer’s website.
HOOKING UP YOUR CABLE TV:
*BRING A STANDARD COAX CABLE WITH F-CONNECTOR TO HOOK UP YOUR TV (15' OR LONGER)*
1. Connect the TV to the cable wall jack using a coaxial cable. If the TV has more than one input jack, select the one labeled “CABLE” or “CATV.”
2. Plug the TV power cord into the electrical outlet and turn the TV power on.
3. A CHANNEL AUTOSCAN must be performed after connecting your TV to the new digital cable service (see below for instructions).
CHANNEL AUTOSCAN INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE: The instructions below are generic in nature and are meant to serve only as guidelines. Refer to your TV owner's manual for specific instructions.
- Configure your TV to receive CABLE or CATV signals by finding the MENU or SETUP button on your cable TV remote.
- Locate the CHANNEL or AUTOPROGRAM option and select AUTOSCAN.
- After “scanning” through channels, your TV should now receive all available on-campus channels.
We are excited to bring SD/HD Digital Cable Service to the JMU Campus. For additional information or if you need additional assistance with your cable TV service, please contact us:
Phone: (540) 568-6471