Art - Art Education
The application will open September 1 and the deadline is February 1.
Degree(s) OfferedMaster of Arts in Art Education (M.A.)
Praxis II, GRE or Alternative to the GRE
- Application fee
- Praxis II or GRE
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Teaching philosophy (1 to 2 pages)
- Personal statement as an indication of preparation for graduate study
- Three letters of recommendation
- Sample lesson plan demonstrating comprehensive art education
- Evidence of current teaching license