Art - Art Education - M.A.
The Art Education program accepts application on a rolling basis. Completed applications should be received at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester in which the applicant intends to enroll.
Degree(s) OfferedMaster of Arts in Art Education (M.A.)
GRE or Alternative to the GRE
- Application fee
Transcripts of all previous academic work at the undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) level.
Applicants must upload unofficial copies of their transcripts and if admitted, all transcripts will be verified by the Graduate School. Applicants who previously attended James Madison University still need to upload an unofficial transcript, but do not need to provide official transcripts for verification.
Required by Program
- Teaching philosophy (1 to 2 pages)
- Personal statement as an indication of preparation for graduate study
- Three letters of recommendation
- Sample lesson plan demonstrating comprehensive art education
- Evidence of current teaching license
- Video - Upload a video answering the following: Based on your undergraduate experience, what do you hope to gain by studying art at the graduate level? Tell us something you'd like us to know about yourself. (Maximum time limit is 5 minutes.)