Cover Photo Image

Public Disclosures: Licensure Programs and State Authorization

Use the table below to determine if a JMU program in which you have interest meets the educational requirements specified by the associated licensing board in your jurisdiction. You can search the chart by selecting the Select Program button or by selecting the State or Territory button (after you select the button, select the program or jurisdiction from the dropdown menu). 

The Select Program option will indicate whether a program Meets Requirements or Does Not Meet Requirements for a state/territory (jurisdiction) or if JMU has Not Yet Determined the status. In rare cases, the table will indicate that JMU Cannot Determine the eduational requirements. The Select State or Territory option lists the status of all programs in that state or territory.

Applicants are also encouraged to seek additional information for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Click the State name to visit a website for the licensing board or governmental agency in that state/territory and, if available, associated with the profession. 

Enrolled students who change their location to a different state or territory must notify JMU by contacting the University Registrar's Office. 

Public Disclosures Table: Licensure Programs and State Authorization

The information provided below is accurate as of the data indicated and based on the source data available at the time. Viewers are encouraged to click on the State/Territory name for more information from the jurisdiction's licensing board (if applicable). When finished with your search, return to State Authorization Home Page.

JMU Professional Licensure Program Status by Jurisdiction Index 

Use the dropdown menus to select a specific program or state/territory. Use the search box on the right to search.

The table below is best viewed at horizontal orientation on your device.

Academic Program Review Date State Disclosure

Back to Top