How To Pay (varies by program)

Some programs fill up quickly and enrollment is not guaranteed until payment is received or payment arrangements have been approved. Registration closes on the registration deadline indicated or when full, whichever comes first. To access the Professional Development Registration Form, please click below:

Registration Form

Please note: Federal financial aid is not available for non-credit programs. GI Bill is not accepted for non-credit programs. For additional information or questions about using other funding sources, please contact our office at 540-568-4253 or by email at

JMU Employees

Current JMU employees may participate in SPCE non-credit trainings with their department's approval. Departments may be eligible for training funds reimbursement from JMU Talent Development with pre-approval. Please review the JMU Employee Registration Process prior to registering for any trainings.


Please complete the registration form and submit with payment to the address shown on form no later than two weeks prior to the start date, unless otherwise indicated.

A $50 fee will be assessed for any check returned by the bank.

Credit Card

Credit cards can only be accepted online. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.

At time of registration, choose Pay by Credit Card at checkout. You will be redirected to the credit card payment processor. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD READY. Once payment is successfully completed, you will receive a payment receipt and a registration confirmation by email.

Private Loan - Professional Development Programs

You may consider completing a Private Loan Application with the lender of your choice*: 

  • To ensure proper time to process your registration, private loans must be applied for no later than four weeks prior to course start date. Please contact our office at or 540-568-4253 prior to applying to ensure space is available. Include the following information:
    • Full Name
    • Phone Number where you can be reached
    • Course Title
    • Course Start Date
  • Loan amount cannot exceed course fee. Requested loan amount must be at least $1,000.
  • When applying, use the following James Madison University Continuing Education school code: 003721-98. Using any other code will greatly delay our ability to confirm your enrollment.
  • Fill out a Private Loan Self-Certification Form. This form will be provided by your lender during the application process. If your lender has requested a Self-Certification Form and has not provided one to you, contact your lender or complete the above form and submit it to your lender. You will not receive your loan funds until this step is complete.

Any questions regarding your loan should be directed to your loan processor. Refer to their website for contact information.

For questions on how to register or to inquire about the loan process, please contact our office.

*Federal financial aid is not available for non-credit programs therefore the FAFSA is not required.

Employer/Sponsor Billing

If your employer or other third party requires an invoice, please contact us at no later than one month prior to the course start date. Sponsor authorization documentation on official letterhead or other authorizing documents must be received prior to your registration being processed.

Payment Plan for Paralegal Studies Certificate

A three-part payment plan is available for our Paralegal Studies certificate. Please review the Paralegal Payment Plan Agreement for more information. Form and first payment are due no later than one month before program start date. Questions? Contact us at or 540-568-4253.


MyCAA Scholarship Program (Workforce Development Program for Eligible Military Spouses)

Our institution is currently approved for participation in the MyCAA scholarship in a limited number of programs. Please contact our office at or 540-568-4038 to inquire about the programs currently eligible for MyCAA funding.

To find out if you are eligible for MyCAA funding, please visit the "Get Started" section on MyCAA's website here, or call a career coach at the number provided. 

To ensure proper time to process your registration, you must reach out to with your intention to enroll no later than four weeks before the course start date.

Senior Citizen Waiver

People aged 60 and over who meet Virginia residential requirements may qualify for a tuition waiver to enroll in credit or non-credit courses. The waiver does not cover out-of-pocket expenses such as course materials or lab fees associated with the programs. Please see the application for more details --

Credit Courses: Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver Credit/Audit

Non-credit Continuing Education CoursesSenior Citizen Waiver Form for Non-credit Classes

WIOA Assistance

VIRGINIA RESIDENTS: Many JMU PCE Professional Development certificate programs are approved for WIOA benefits, which are typically awarded to displaced workers who need job skills training. However, factors other than employment status may be taken into consideration when determining a person's WIOA eligibility.

To find out if you qualify, please call or email your nearest Virginia CareerWorks Center, which you can find by clicking on the Virginia map linked here. Already have your WIOA paperwork completed, or have questions about a particular program's WIOA availability? Contact Elizabeth Sacco at for assistance.

Back to Top