Steps Specific for Virginia Community College Transfer Grants
  • Be a first-time entering freshman no earlier than fall 2007
  • Be an undergraduate in-state student
  • Meet selective service requirements
  • Have received an Associate’s degree at a Virginia two-year public institution
  • Have cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for the Associate’s degree
  • Enroll full-time into a Virginia four-year public or Virginia four-year private nonprofit college or university by the fall or spring following completion of Associate’s degree
  • Enroll into a degree program not for religious training or theological education
  • Have applied for financial aid by completing the federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the four-year institution’s deadline
  • Have financial need: defined as a federally calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 8,000, or less. For students first gaining eligibility as of fall 2012, the maximum EFC is 12,000. For students first gaining eligibility as of fall 2013, the maximum EFC is 12,000
  • Mail or fax completed application to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships:
  • Obtain the final, official community college transcript -  showing Associate’s Degree conferred –  and send it directly to the Office of Admissions.  Students are not eligible for this award until the final transcript is reviewed.  

Back to Top