Cover Photo Image

Learn more about the BA/BS in Communication Sciences and Disorders

  • A pre-professional curriculum that provides the essential background for students to pursue graduate work in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology. Graduate degrees at the master's or doctoral level are necessary to work as speech-language pathologists or audiologists, respectively. These individuals work as
    • professionals to assist people who have communication disorders
    • teachers, clinical supervisors, and/or researcher in universities
    • administrators and leaders in healthcare or educational settings
  • There is a nationwide shortage of speech-language pathologists and audiologists so they are in strong demand for jobs. Learn more about what speech-language pathologists and audiologists do.
  • The Communication Sciences and Disorders major can be pursued as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree. There are several differences in the course requirements for these two degree programs. Students are expected to consult the Undergraduate Catalog for details about course requirements. Most undergraduate courses are only offered once a year so students need to plan carefully.
  • Encourages undergraduate students to become involved in research, provides students with opportunities to pursue honors projects and honors theses, and encourages them to attend and present their research work with their faculty mentors at regional and national conferences.
  • Provides an excellent background for students who want to pursue careers in related areas, such as special education, deaf education, medicine, dentistry
  • Offers an exciting and fascinating course of study for students who simply wish to study the area as a major

Back to Top