JAC stands for James Madison University Access Card.

JAC is your official JMU identification card and your passport to most services on campus.

The Card Services Office is located on the second floor of the Student Success Building (SSC).

You must be registered for classes and have a government-issued picture ID, such as a current Driver's License, Military ID or Passport.

  • No, your JACard is valid as long as you are a student at JMU.
  • We do replace lost, damaged or stolen cards, but there is a fee.
  • Normal wear and tear JACards are replaced free of charge (this is determined by management in Card Services).

Lost or damaged card costs $20. Card Services determines charges for damaged cards.

  • If you change your appearance - such as growing a beard - and we request that you have a new picture, there is no charge.
  • If you just don't like your picture, there is a fee of $10.
  • On the web, login with your current JMU E-ID at https://mymadison.jmu.edu, then select the My Services tab. Access is available 24/7. (You can also reactivate your card, if found before you have it replaced)
  • Call Card Services Main Office at 540-568-6446, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
  • During non-business hours, and you do not have computer access, then report lost cards to Campus Police by calling 540-568-6913.
  • A FLEX account is a pre-paid debit account accessed by using your JACard.
  • It operates like a checking account without having to write checks, pay a service fee, or balance your account - we will do that for you!
  • Check your balance and view your transactions by signing in with your current JMU E-ID at MyMadison.jmu.edu, then select the My Services tab.
  • There are no annual fees.
  • You do not have to worry about carrying cash, checks, or credit cards around with you while you are on campus.
  • Add to your account by logging in at: MyMadison.jmu.edu. Once logged in, Click on the MyServices tab.
  • You can also phone, send mail, or come in person at the address listed below.
  • Credit card charges may be phoned in or made by logging into MyMadison.jmu.edu.
  • You may also add cash to your account at one of our remote terminal locations located at Memorial Hall, Carrier Library, UREC, Rose Library, or HHS.
  • Parents and Friends can add funds to your account anytime via the Parents and Friends Deposit tutorial website, or by calling the main office at 540-568-6446 during normal business hours, or by mailing a check payable to JMU to:
    • James Madison University
      Card Services
      Student Success Center
      738 South Mason Street, MSC 3532
      Harrisonburg, VA 22807
    • A $50 fee will be assessed for any check returned by the bank.

No, students cannot get cash out of their accounts at any time. Students may close their account at the end of the spring semester. It can takes several weeks to receive the refund check. Funds go to the University Business Office and then are dispersed.

Yes, your FLEX account stays active from year to year until you separate from JMU.

For up-to-date locations, visit our website at JMU Card Services.

     For MobileID usersMobileID provides licensing for one device at a time.

      Please note: If a device is unauthorized, there is a $20.00 fee to re-authorize a device

       prior to 30 days, effective July 1, 2018.

Meal Vouchers are available for purchase by departments, tour groups, special events and visitors. Contact Debbie Bahr for more information at 540-568-6751 or bahrdl@jmu.edu


Back to Top