Faculty, staff, students, affiliates, family, and community members can refer a student of concern one of four ways:

  1. Submit a Care Referral form  (preferred)
  2. Email | madisoncares@jmu.edu 
  3. Call our office(540)568-6468
  4. Visit our office | SSC 3010
Madison Cares is NOT a crisis hotline, and does not function as a first responder.
  • For life threatening situations, please contact JMU’s Police Department at 540-568-6911 or 911.
  • If you are unsure who to contact, call Dean of Students (540-568-6468) or JMU Police Department  Non-Emergency (540-568-6912).

Back to Top