If you are considering making a gift other than cash, please contact us at the Office of Advancement Gifts and Records at (540) 568-2822 or the Office of Development at (800) 296-6162.


An alternative to cash is a gift of appreciated securities, which can offer income tax benefits, as well as savings on capital gains.


Gifts-in-kind covers a wide range of items, including art works, books and manuscripts, computer equipment and software, and furniture. They are declared "in kind" gifts and carry with them the declared value that the donor assesses at the time the gift is made.

Planned Gift

Contact us about including JMU in your estate plan or to find out about other creative planned giving options.

Back to Top