This process is for students who have transfer credit on their JMU transcript that is not currently counting toward a general education requirement (a 000 course). If you believe a course you took before matriculating at JMU meets the learning objectives, complete the questions below and the general education staff will review your course.

The transfer appeal process is done via MyMadison--> Student Center. In the student center click on the drop-down box and select the gened transfer appeals option.

Click here to see a sample transfer appeals page.


**NEW - as of 12/13/19***

Students may access the The Transfer Credit Equivalency Guide by clicking on the Transferology banner or at the top of the Office of the Registrar Transfer webpage. This guide will allow prospective and current students to identify JMU course equivalents for transfer credit from other institutions.  Students will need to create a login to access the guide.  This feature will allow students to retain their evaluations as well as provide important data to JMU. 

Back to Top