Academic Student Services strives to support the University and its efforts to help students succeed academically and professionally through our services listed below.

Our Services:

  • We manage the academic affairs response to students who are at risk academically.
  • We coordinate the re-entry process for students who leave the university while on Academic Probation or Suspension.
  • We also coordinate the re-entry process (regardless of academic standing) for students who have been gone for two years or more and have not yet earned a degree.
  • We oversee the Academic Success Program (ASP).
  • We facilitate the development of new articulation agreements and coordinate the review and revision of existing guaranteed admission agreements with VCCS institutions and Richard Bland College.


Note: JMU alumni who wish to obtain a second major need to contact JMU's School of Professional and Continuing Education.

Students who hold a baccalaureate degree from another institution may not earn a second baccalaureate degree at James Madison University.

Back to Top