Reach Out Climb
Join us for our annual non-sanctioned climbing competition held at the JMU Recreation Climbing Wall. Competition includes both bouldering and top roping. This event is a unique opportunity to have fun, challenge yourself, and meet other climbers from around the mid-Atlantic.
When: Saturday, February 13, 2016. Competition will run from 9am to approximately 6pm. Details on timing of specific heats will be provided closer to the day of the competition.
Where: James Madison University Recreation Center. Parking will be available in P lot or C9 Lot and you will have to walk through the Duke Dog Alley to reach UREC.
- From South: Head North on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Left onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right (First road) onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down to the end of Parking Lot P to the end of Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Ally, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- From North: Head South on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Right onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right almost immediately onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Ally, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
Cost (includes registration, lunch, and lightweight synthetic hoodie):
- Early Bird Until January 31, 2016: $20
- Regular February 1 - February 12, 2016: $25
- Day-Of Registration: $30
- Location: The Golden Pony
- Time: 7pm-9pm
Special thanks to our title sponsor: Walkabout Outfitter
- And to our other sponsors: Addidas Outdoors, Shenandoah Bicycle Company, Nrocks-VIA Feratta, and Bluestone Bike and Run.
Questions? Contact the Assistant Director for Adventure and TEAM Programs.