Reach Out Climb
Join us for our annual non-sanctioned climbing competition held at the JMU Recreation Climbing Wall. Competition includes both bouldering and top roping. This event is a unique opportunity to have fun, meet great people, challenge yourself, and contribute to an important cause, the Jared Neville Foundation.
This Foundation is committed to protecting western Virginia climbing sites and was created for the late climbing great, Jared Neville. Jared was an inspiring climber at JMU and throughout the area who was killed in a car accident. Since then the foundation was created to support maintenance and access to local climbing areas.
When: Saturday, February 15, 2014. Competition will run from 8am to approximately 5pm. Details on timing of specific heats will be provided closer to the day of the competition.
Where: James Madison University Recreation Center. Parking will be available in P lot or C9 Lot and you will have to walk through the Duke Dog Alley to reach UREC.
- From South: Head North on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Left onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right (First road) onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down to the end of Parking Lot P to the end of Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Ally, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- From North: Head South on I-81. Take Exit 245. Turn Right onto Port Republic Rd. Turn Right almost immediately onto Bluestone Dr. Parking will be on your Right. Once you’ve parked, head down Parking Lot C9 and go through Duke Dog Ally, which runs under I-81. UREC will be just on the other side, up the hill on the left.
- Early Bird Until January 31, 2014: $20
- Regular February 1 - February 14, 2014: $25
- Day-Of Registration (Check or Cash): $30
Questions? Contact Jenny Merian.