Obtaining Items from Surplus Property:
- Review the Current Inventory Listing of available items for transfer (at no cost) to JMU departments.
- Contact the Surplus Property Coordinator (Mark Colopy, email@example.com, ext. 86931) to check for items you are interested in.
- Visit the Surplus Property warehouse during open warehouse hours (Wednesdays 1:30-4:30 p.m.) or contact the SPC to make an appointment to visit at another time.
- Fill out a Department Request Form (with pre-numbered customer number) as you shop for suitable items for your department. Place a pink customer # sticker on the item you want and record your customer number on the sticker. Record the surplus ID number of the item on your Departmental Request Form in the space provided. When you finish shopping, return the Department Request Form and unused stickers to a Surplus Property Staff member.
- Surplus Property staff will determine the delivery method for the items you selected (by the SPC or FM Moving Crew) and provide instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Items with JMU ID # barcode decals will be added to your inventory using an EICR form.
Transferring All Surplus Items (Other than Computer Equipment) To Surplus Property:
- Notify the Surplus Property Coordinator (SPC) at extension x86931 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information regarding the types of items & volume for transfer.
- Fill out an EICR form listing all items for transfer to surplus. Mail this form to Surplus Property, MSC 5704. (need instructions for completing the EICR form, find it here.)
- Submit a work order to the Facilities Management Work Control Center for items that are too heavy or cumbersome for one person to handle. The SPC will assist in making that determination. The SPC will pick up small items from your department within seven working days.
NOTE: Grant and Trust Fund (ETF) computer equipment require pre- approval from Fixed Assets and Surplus Property (Diane Hinton, email@example.com) before they are eligible surplus items.
Transferring Surplus Computer Equipment to PC Services:
|Surplus computer equipment is handled by PC Services and NOT Surplus Property. Computer equipment includes: CPUs, monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, and other peripherals – all items with Equipment Service Numbers (ESN) assigned by PC Services.
- Group surplus computing equipment in a central location (if possible) for PC Services to pick up.
- Fill out an EICR form .
Need to see our flowchart instructions before completing the form? – – click HERE Check the "To Another Department" box in Section III and fill in PC Services for the Department Name.
Note: please record JMU decal numbers, ESN's, and serial numbers on the form. The Department Head must approve the EICR form.
- Scan and email the approved EICR from to Fixed Assets at firstname.lastname@example.org or send the original approved EICR form to Fixed Assets at MSC 5704 (make sure to keep a copy for your records). Fixed Assets staff will approve the EICR form for pick up by PC Services. The eligibility to surplus Equipment Trust Fund (ETF) and grant computer equipment is verified during this approval process. Departments are contacted regarding ineligible computer equipment
- Once an EICR form is approved by Fixed Assets staff, it is scanned and emailed to PC Services to schedule pick up of the surplus computer equipment. (PC Services provides this service at no charge to your budget)
- When PC Services staff picks up the surplus computing equipment, they will bring a copy of the approved EICR form to sign in Section III showing receipt of the equipment. Once the approved EICR form is completed, make a copy for the PC Services staff member, make a copy for your records, and mail the form to Fixed Assets at MSC 5704. This step will ensure that equipment with JMU decal #'s are removed from your inventory.
Surplus of Equipment purchased by Equipment Trust Fund
For the following allocation years, ownership has passed to the University. To find out if your item is eligible to surplus, review the table below:
Decal numbers for computers (laptops, CPUs, servers) between 811647 and 811699 and between 812743 and 813867 are eligible for surplus. Decal numbers for computers (laptops and CPUs only) between 814936 and 815838 are also eligible for surplus. Decal numbers for non-computers up through 811444 are eligible for surplus. For all surplus ETF equipment please complete an EICR form. To schedule a pick-up of computer equipment, check the box in Section III and email the EICR form to Fixed Assets at email@example.com. Refer to section above, Transferring Surplus Computer Equipment to PC Services. For other items, please contact Mark Colopy in Surplus Property, 540-568-6931 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Mark will only pick up items that are considered to be small pick-ups (items that one person can handle).
Decal numbers for computers that fall between 811700 and 812742 and between 813868 and 814935 are not eligible for surplus at this time. Decal number for non-computers that fall after 811444 are not eligible for surplus at this time. If you have any questions please contact Diane Hinton 540.568.3748 or E-Mail at email@example.com.
If an item purchased with ETF money is lost or stolen, it must be replaced using department money if the lease agreement has not yet been satisfied. This item must be replaced with a like piece of equipment that costs at least as much as the depreciated value of the original equipment. Please contact the JMU Police Department to file a report for all stolen equipment. Also, for insurance purposes, contact Risk Management at 540.568.7701. All lost/stolen ETF equipment should be reported to Fixed Assets on an EICR form by checking the Deposal box in Section V and then the Lost/Stolen box.
||1993 - 1994
||801879 - 802117
||1994 - 1995
||802120 - 803116
||1995 - 1996
||803117 - 803473
||1996 - 1997
||803474 - 803796
||1997 - 1998
||803797 - 804177
||1998 - 1999
||804178 - 804767
||1999 - 2000
||804768 - 805316
||2000 - 2001
||805317 - 805929
||2001 - 2002
||805930 - 806646
||2002 - 2003
||806649 - 807307
||2003 - 2004
||807312 - 808454
||2004 - 2005
||808455 - 809462
||2005 - 2006
||809463 - 810420
||2006 - 2007
||810421 - 811444
||2007 - 2008
|| 810446 - 811499
811704 - 812742
||2008 - 2009
|| 811647 - 811699
812743 - 813867
||2010 - 2011
||814936 - 815838