Obtaining Items from Surplus Property:
- Review the Current Inventory Listing of available items for transfer (at no cost) to JMU departments.
- Contact the Surplus Property Coordinator (Mark Colopy, email@example.com, ext. 86931) to check for items you are interested in.
- Visit the Surplus Property warehouse during open warehouse hours (Wednesdays 1:30-4:30 p.m.) or contact the SPC to make an appointment to visit at another time.
- Fill out a Department Request Form (with pre-numbered customer number) as you shop for suitable items for your department. Place a pink customer # sticker on the item you want and record your customer number on the sticker. Record the surplus ID number of the item on your Departmental Request Form in the space provided. When you finish shopping, return the Department Request Form and unused stickers to a Surplus Property Staff member.
- Surplus Property staff will determine the delivery method for the items you selected (by the SPC or FM Moving Crew) and provide instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Items with JMU ID # barcode decals will be added to your inventory using an EICR form.
Transferring All Surplus Items (Other than Computer Equipment) To Surplus Property:
- Notify the Surplus Property Coordinator (SPC) at extension x86931 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to provide information regarding the types of items & volume for transfer.
- Fill out an EICR form listing all items for transfer to surplus. Mail this form to Surplus Property, MSC 5704. (need instructions for completing the EICR form, find it here.)
- Submit a work order to the Facilities Management Work Control Center for items that are too heavy or cumbersome for one person to handle. The SPC will assist in making that determination. The SPC will pick up small items from your department within seven working days.
NOTE: Grant and Trust Fund (ETF) computer equipment require pre- approval from Fixed Assets and Surplus Property (Diane Hinton, email@example.com) before they are eligible surplus items.
Transferring Surplus Computer Equipment to PC Services:
Computer equipment includes: CPUs, monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, and other peripherals – all items with Equipment Service Numbers (ESN) assigned by PC Services.
- Group surplus computing equipment in a central location (if possible) for PC Services to pick up.
- Fill out an EICR form .
Need to see our flowchart instructions before completing the form? – – click HERE
Note: please record JMU decal #'s & ESN #'s on the form.
- Email PC Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule pick up of the surplus computer equipment. (PC Services provides this service at no charge to your budget)
- Follow distribution instructions at the bottom of the EICR to ensure that JMU decals #'s are removed from your inventory. ("Received By" signature required on original and forwarded to Fixed Assets and Surplus Property)
NOTE: Grant and Trust Fund (ETF) computer equipment require pre-approval from Fixed Assets and Surplus Property (Diane Hinton email@example.com , extension 83748) before they are eligible surplus items.
Surplus of Equipment purchased by Equipment Trust Fund
For the following allocation years, ownership has passed to the University. To find out if your item is eligible to surplus, review the table below:
|Allocation Year||Fiscal Year||Number Series|
|93||1993 - 1994||801879 - 802117|
|94||1994 - 1995||802120 - 803116|
|95||1995 - 1996||803117 - 803473|
|96||1996 - 1997||803474 - 803796|
|97||1997 - 1998||803797 - 804177|
|98||1998 - 1999||804178 - 804767|
|99||1999 - 2000||804768 - 805316|
|00||2000 - 2001||805317 - 805929|
|01||2001 - 2002||805930 - 806646|
|02||2002 - 2003||806649 - 807307|
|03||2003 - 2004||807312 - 808454|
|04||2004 - 2005||808455 - 809462|
|05||2005 - 2006||809463 - 810420|
|06||2006 - 2007||810421 - 811444|
Decal numbers up through 811444 are eligible for surplus. For all surplus equipment please complete an EICR. To schedule a pick-up of computer equipment, please email P.C. Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other items please contact Mark Colopy in SURPLUS, 504.568.6931 or email him at email@example.com. Please note: Mark will only pick up items that are considered to be small pick-ups, items that one person can handle.
Decal numbers that fall after 811444 are not eligible for surplus at this time. If you have any questions please contact Diane Hinton 540.568.3748 or E-Mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an item purchased with ETF money is lost or stolen it must be replaced using department money if the lease agreement has not yet been satisfied. This item must be replaced with a like piece of equipment that costs at least as much as the depreciated value of the original equipment. Please contact the JMU Police Department to file a report for all stolen equipment. Also, for insurance purposes, contact Risk Management at 540.568.7701.