Instructions for preparing the "Request for Department" Form
This form is to be used to request a new, request changes to or request department ID(organizational unit) to be inactivated. Completed forms are reviewed and processed by the Financial Reporting Office. Specific questions concerning the completion of this form should be addressed to Jane Swope by email or at X83790.
The Action Request for Department ID form is available online as a Word document. This form is designed for the needed data to be entered directly into the Word document then print. You can also save it if you choose by doing a File/Save As, then name it what you desire.
Information to be completed on the request form:
- Originator - Enter the name of the contact person or the individual preparing the form
- Email - Enter the email address of the contact person or the individual preparing the form
- Phone Extension - Enter the telephone extension of the contact person or the individual preparing the form
- Date - Enter the date the form is completed
SECTION I. TYPE OF REQUESTED ACTION
- Requested Action - Enter an 'X' to indicate the type of change requested. (Add, Change, Inactivate, Re-Activate) Enter the effective date for this action in the space provided.
- Collection of Cash, Checks, Credit Cards - Please indicate if this Department ID will be used to collect cash, checks, or credit card charges by entering an 'X' to indicate YES or NO. If YES, please state the purpose in the space provided and note that written permission from the Assistant Vice President for Finance is required to do so, per JMU Policy #4501.
- Chrome River Eligible - Please indicate if this department will be used to process travel reimbursements by entering an 'X' to indicate YES or NO.
- Department Head/Director (Signature) - The Department Head or Director responsible for this Department ID should sign here. Their title and date of approval should be provided in the spaces designated.
- Dean/AVP (Signature) - The Dean or AVP responsible for this Department ID should sign here. Their title and date of approval should be provided in the spaces designated.
- Purpose (complete for adding a new department ID)
Enter a concise justification/purpose for why the new Department ID is required or why an existing one needs changing. (What is the new department being used for? What type of expenses will occur?).
SECTION II. ACTION INFORMATION
- Department number, name, college/division and manager title - For action types other than new, enter the Department ID number. For all requests, enter the name of the Department ID. Select from the drop down box the name of the college/division and the title of the college/division head to which the Department ID reports. For new requests, please leave the Department ID number blank.
SECTION III. PEOPLESOFT FINANCE SECURITY INFORMATION
SECTION IV. SIGNATURES – Leave this section blank.
|After completing the Action Request for Department ID form and obtaining the proper approvals, please send the form to Jane Swope in Financial Reporting, JMAC5, MSC 5715