Cover Photo Image

Wherever you completed your AACSB accredited degree, the JMU M.S. in Accounting program gives you what you need to compete in today's complex business and regulatory environment. This full-time, on-campus program prepares you to succeed, whether your goal is as lofty as the corner office at a Fortune 500 company, or as straightforward as passing the CPA exam. The coursework sharpens your technical skills while strengthening your grasp of professional responsibility. The JMU Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, for example, can provide you with valuable hands-on experience by matching you with Central Shenandoah Valley residents who have only a limited ability to file their own taxes.

Join the best prepared practitioners in the business. 


"I don't think I would have had the opportunities I did had I gone to a different graduate school. I don't know of other programs that stage a 'Meet the Firms' night with 50-plus companies coming in just to talk to and recruit their accounting students."

Ashley Hevener (’11M), M.S. in Accounting

Program Highlights
  • Experience affordable tuition with no hidden fees and Graduate Assistantship opportunities.
  • Learn from faculty who all hold professional certifications, either as Certified Public Accountants or Certified Management Accountants.
  • Engage with peers in small classes and faculty with open-door policies.
  • Gain experience while supporting the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program which assists low-income taxpayers in the local community.
  • ‘Meet the Firms’ during an annual targeted career fair event.
  • Graduate with a M.S. in Accounting degree from a school considered by the ‘Big Four’ to be a Top-Tier institution to recruit from.
Career Outcomes*

The M.S. in Accounting program is designed to ready you for career success, whether you're starting with the CPA exam itself or preparing for that specific career promotion.  

  • 97% of students accepted full-time positions prior to graduation, with the remaining 3% considering other offers previously extended.
  • 77% of program graduates were employed by global or national CPA firms.
  • 100% received job offers with an average annual base salary of $68,450.
  • 43% received an average signing bonus of $2,794.

*Spring Class of 2023 M.S. in Accounting degree recipients

AACSB Accredited

The College of Business (CoB) is one of 2% of business schools with both business and accounting accreditation by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).

1 of 2%

of programs with both Business and Accounting accreditation from AACSB International

Contact Us

For more information on the M.S. in Accounting program, refer to the graduate catalog, or contact Amanda Reedy at or (540) 568-3250.

AACSB Logo -Accounting

Back to Top