Safe Zone educates JMU faculty, staff, and students about issues affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and questioning individuals (LGBTQIQ) and their loved ones.
ARE YOU IN THE ZONE?
* * * Fall 2016 New-Membership Workshops have been posted (here). * * *
* * * Register for a workshop here. * * *
- “Safe” on Campus?– Find out where Safe Zone members are located on campus.
- Why Safe Zone? – This section explains the importance of the Safe Zone program and its impact on individuals. (Links to an external site.)
- Join the Safe Zone family! – We are always looking forward to enlarging our Safe Zone Family. This section highlights what being a Safe Zone member entails, as well as how to go about doing so.
- Safe Zone Workshops and Events – Click here to see workshop times. In addition to our new-member training sessions, we coordinate special lunch bag series, receptions and special events throughout the year!
-Educate yourself! – This section offers links to national resources for education and advocacy.
- Area LGBT Resources Safe Zone is but one organization on campus and in the area which exists to support the LGBT community.
What can Safe Zone
If you have any questions, comments and/or concerns feel free to contact one of us:
Bethany Bryson, Sociology
Jeremy Hawkins, University Unions
JoAnn Benjamin, University Advising
Erika M. Collazo-Vargas, Health Sciences